Three-time Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter, producer, and social activist Raheem Devaughn has announced the release of his 8th studio album, "What A Time To Be In Love".
For over a decade, Raheem DeVaughn has been on a mission to create music that evokes change while maintaining the energy of love. He recently released the powerful and thought-provoking song, “Marvin Used To Say. ” The poignant and timely song speaks directly to the ongoing social turmoil and the unfortunate fact that not enough has changed since fellow D.C.-native Marvin Gaye asked “What’s Going On?” nearly 50 years ago.
“What A Time To Be In Love”, produced entirely by The Colleagues, the forthcoming project finds the three-time Grammy Nominated crooner fully embracing what he sees as his social responsibility: to inspire and encourage his listeners as they fight for justice and equality. “I have always been part or the culture shift of Soul & R&B from a mixtape level to a mainstream industry level since the early 2000s so album number eight, “What A Time To Be in Love” will be no less then nostalgic vibes that not only speak to the consciousness and social climate on the world, but also the lover in you. It’s a classic album!,” said Devaughn.
While the album is defined as Movement Music, DeVaughn recognizes the importance of also nurturing and encouraging the emotional connections needed to sustain us during this fight. As such, fans can also expect the new album to embody and reflect the musical legacy that has earned the singer his place amongst R&B royalty as the “Love King.”
Devaughn also along with the announcement, released a new love song, "Mr. Midnight".
“Mr. Midnight” was written by Raheem DeVaughn and produced by 812LABS Media Group and L'indecis. “Mr. Midnight is tastefully sensual and was inspired by black love. I predict that it will be one of the sexiest songs of 2020,” mentions Raheem. The romantic single can be found on the upcoming eighth studio album scheduled to be released on November 20th, via the SRG ILS label imprint.
Stream Mr. Midnight below!
WHAT A TIME TO BE IN LOVE (Tracklist):
1. WDMG 69.1 (Intro) [featuring R.A Brown & The Colleagues]
2. What A Time To Be In Love [featuring R.A Brown & The Colleagues]
3. Up And Down [featuring The Colleagues]
4. Mr. Midnight [featuring The Colleagues]
5. Marvin Used To Say [featuring The Colleagues]
6. Lawd Help Me [featuring The Colleagues, Mike Phillips, Doug E. Fresh and Kev Brown]
7. Up For Air [featuring The Colleagues]
8. Twilight [featuring The Colleagues]
9. Special Occasion [featuring The Colleagues]
10. Black Fist Cafe (Interlude) [featuring The Colleagues]
11. Deep Deep [featuring The Colleagues]
12. Motions [featuring The Colleagues]
13. Sweet Symphony [featuring The Colleagues]
14. Outer Limits [featuring The Colleagues]